Old 01-24-2014, 08:50 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I know I too have been "off the grid" these past few weeks, but do enjoy stopping in and seeing what everyone is up to. It's about 14 here, but was way below zero yesterday and last night. We are in for a weekend warm spell and then the Siberian express comes back mid week. This yo yo weather is really hard on livestock. One day they need that winter coat and then some and the next they need to throw it off and can't.
One of my January goals has been met. DIL whisked 3 small quilted items to school today this morning. One of which was still literally "hot off the press" as I just got done giving it a final pressing when she entered the door. This is what's up for grabs tomorrow night. The first is a UFO that I finished by piecing the star back--a two for one deal.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]458366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]458367[/ATTACH]
Next is "Shoofly My Heart". A QGuild friend had tossed the pink Fairy Frost squares in some fabrics she gifted me and the burgundy dots were perfect as they have a shimmery pink cast to the dots.[ATTACH=CONFIG]458368[/ATTACH]

And finally another UFO that started out as leftover fabrics I made into 9P's. They simmered for a while and I set them on point with the dots. After more simmering I found border fabric, but not enough for full widths, so added the dot cornerstones. Finally quilted it and cut binding last night.[ATTACH=CONFIG]458378[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails double-down-hearts.jpg   double-down-hearts-other-side.jpg   shoofly-my-heart.jpg   shoofly-my-heart1.jpg