Old 01-24-2014, 03:18 PM
JudyTheSewer

Default Has anyone made their own universal treadle base using parlor cabinet irons?

I just bought some White parlor cabinet metal pieces. I have the treadle pedal that is attached to the hardware that screws into a wood base on the bottom of a parlor cabinet. The pedal has the metal pitman that is attached to the flywheel and dress guard. The flywheel includes the molded hardware for attaching to the wooden side of a parlor cabinet. So, I think I have everything I need.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]458468[/ATTACH]

I'd like to make a portable treadle base that can be partially disassembled for transport to TOGA's and other sewing events. I'm thinking three pieces. I'm not getting any stronger as I age and I'd like to be able to lift it in and out of the SUV by myself. I'm thinking I would permanently attach the pedal and flywheel to a wood contraption that has one side and bottom to receive the screws. Then, that piece would somehow sit inside a separate base that has a top for putting the treadle heads in. I want to make the top removable and also make it so that different heads can be dropped in to it. I currently have a mint red-eye 66-1 without a base that I can use in it and I have a 128 with the La Vencedora decals that I want to perform a motorectomy on since it has the spoked flywheel. I'm sure I'd be more open to buying other treadle heads if I didn't always have to have the cabinet to go with them. I've brought 10 treadle machines with their cabinets into the house and that is getting near the limit of my house's capacity :-)

I've Googled and just am not finding any designs out there that are starting out with just the parlor cabinet iron pieces. Has anyone done this? If so, will you share pictures with me? Or, if you have any ideas for me I would sure appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails qb.png