View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 02:58 PM
mommabogue

The QC-1000 retails for about $2,800, I believe, and the dealer I bought it at had it on sale for $1,000 off that, so was $1,800. They gave me a good trade-in on the machine I traded in, so final price was $1,300. And then brother had the rebate on the free embroidery machine which retails for $499. So it was a good deal! This rebate ended back in October, so I'm not sure if they're going to do another one.[/quote]

Wow.. you did get a deal!! I will have to save my pennies though.. & I need a room before I spend that much on a nicer upgrade. You really "jumped in" with all 4 feet when you started quilting ( or joined this group, I guess I should say). Wish I had your talent.. & I have been quilting a good long time. I use to sit at my Momma's feet & watch as she'd cut fabric, clothing, whatever she could get her hands on and then she'd sew the pieces together on her treddle machine and create the most colorful things I ever imagined.. all were just scrappy quilts.. she loved the mix of color!.....ok.. sorry.. got lost in history there for a minute.. but very fond memories and I'm about the only one out or 8 kids (5 girls) that carries this tradition on.
Can't wait to see more of your 'creations'!!