Old 12-12-2009, 04:17 PM
ai731

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by ai731
Well, it turned out OK in that we now have one more chicken dinner to look forward to :?
Jan
Coyotes? bummer! Hubby and the boy are out putting up sheep/cattle panels around the receiving pen to keep them out ... after "will he survive the cold" comes the "will he be safe from the coyotes" comes next. <sigh> ahhh, the joys of animal husbandry <g>
Hope your critters are OK! Do you have sheep or cattle (or both?)

Luckily it wasn't coyotes - though we do have a fair number of them around, I've only ever seen one near the house. They're usually not brave enough to bother the chickens during the day (the coop is quite close to the house) and we lock the chickens up very securely at night.

No, the silly hen choked herself on a piece of string, and we had to put her out of her distress. She'll end up in the freezer, though, so we loose some eggs but gain a chicken dinner.

But in happier news, DH picked up the box from the post office today, and it was indeed Elle's centre from you! Thanks so much for the book and the magazines. I haven't been quilting very long, so I love looking at books and magazines for ideas!

Elle's centre is much more beautiful than the pictures could possibly show, and the border you did is absolutely gorgeous. DH was very impressed when I showed it to him (it helps that he loves bright colours) and commented that it must be a little intimidating to work on something so nice.

I am a little intimidated, that's for sure, but at least I actually have some fabrics in my stash that match it perfectly! In fact I have the exact same fabric she used to border her label, except in purple, so I will probably use some of that, and some other batiks from my stash. I have an inkling of an idea for the next border (or at least a colour scheme, which is half the battle, for me anyway!)

Jan