Old 01-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Default Studio in Basement? At Last My Post Sandy Studio is on the Horizon

It has been a long and challenging road these past 15 months since Superstorm Sandy destroyed our home. BUT it looks like we will be (God willing) buying a new home away from the ocean. When we first viewed the house, tucked away in a corner of the basement was a treadle machine with a big plate on the front reading NEW HOME! I said, "It's a sign!" The owner said she'd leave it for me if we bought the house and today we had the inspection and are on the way to signing a contract.

So ... the basement is finished. There are two windows that let in some natural light (obviously not a lot) and there is a dehumidifier in there. There is no smell of dampness at all. Do you think it's safe to keep fabric in a basement? And my machines? And embroidery thread? Nervous,nervous, nervous. The space works very well and will keep my mess out of the main part of the house. There are two very lovely rooms on the second floor of the house that would work very well, but we've decided to let my son and his wife live there ... so ... that's that.

Anyway, I'm excited! And terrified.