Thread: FMQ questions
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 10:10 AM
meyert

Default FMQ questions

For the first time last night I seriously played with FMQ on my Janome 6600. I had an old JC Penny comforter that I am cutting into squares to do my play sewing on ... so I have the layer cake feel. I have a couple of questions. 1) do you guys draw the pattern on your quilt before you start to FMQ? I have seen and purchased a few of the quilting stencils and they seem to work good for a guide and to help me be consistent.. just wondering what others do. 2) I am using the darning foot, because that is what the manual said to do - - is that the correct foot? I applies 0 pressure to the fabric and I find myself wishing there was teeny tiny amount of pressure. 3) I read somewhere here that some people have hooks on their walls and ceiling to help manage their quilts while they are quilting... I think I am gong to try this (my room is very small) I bought some command hooks to put on the wall so if things don't work out I won't have ruined my walls.. does anyone have any tips on this hooking the quilt to the wall method before I get started? I have a baby quilt that I am going to FMQ for the first time, but I think I will still be struggling with the bulk. Thanks for any thoughts you can share!!!