View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 01:55 PM
ThayerRags

The parts for Randy came in yesterday and I’ve been putting him back together. Things sure come apart faster than they go back together, don’t they? Of course, part of that additional time is spent cleaning existing parts and adjusting the ones that have adjustments. I hadn’t planned to have to scoonch the Feed Bar over a little to line up with the new Feed Dog and new Needle Plate for the new Small Roller Foot. I don’t know what that will do to the fitting of the original Heavy Duty set of FD, NP, & Foot that I have for it, but I’ll find out later I guess.

I had to modify the new Take-up Lever Assembly to make it work. You’d think that with today’s advanced technology and manufacturing processes that the parts would be better than the old ones, but they’re not. I won’t crawl up on a soapbox here and rant, but it sure is depressing when new parts aren’t made correctly at the factory.

The clutch motor is getting a little more responsive to feathering, but it still runs awfully fast. Hopefully, once the clutch gets some time on it, maybe it will handle better. I have to do something about the knee lift for the presser bar. The stand must have had some other model of machine in it before (I bought it with no machine in it). It’s the wrong type and in the wrong place for this machine, so I’ll have to dig through my stash and see what I can come up with for a replacement. All-in-all, Randy is looking a lot better than he did, and with a few more adjustments, he’ll be ready to do a test-sew.

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails machine553_soak_17.jpg