View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 07:31 PM
SewTexas

Location: I live in the Bay Area, Walnut Creek, California--high population quilt designers, fabric designers,

Hello, I realize you posted awhile back, but I would like to comment on the Friends of Baltimore quilt pattern. I have not met Sue, but suspect she is a wonderful person. However, the pattern is not that well written and very difficult to understand. It is for very very experienced advanced people who have quilt for years. I too found it was very poorly copied, lopsided, etc. I bought the kit from the old online site for almost $500, and my next door neighbor bought it at the same time. I got cheap fabrics, some frayed terribly and poorly matched, most of which I did not used. However my friend got entirely different fabrics for the most part and much better quality and better selection. I wrote the online where I purchased and they did not write me back. Oh, and they frequently did not include enough fabric. I am about half done and have too much time and money invested not to complete, but I now choose very carefully when I made a decision to purchase kits. I can tell you that the "Fat Quarter Shop"is an absolutely wonderful place to purchase kits. The fabrics are first quality and usually the exact fabrics used, and the best part about Fat Quarter Shop--there is plenty fabric to complete the project, an overall great shop that stands behind purchases. I complained about a bundle, another was sent out and told me not to bother returning the one I did not like, wonderful service. Happy quilting.