Thread: Gluten free
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 07:57 PM
nightquilter

I have been dealing with this for 5 years with my oldest daughter who got mold and mildew poison from her dorm room. After many test and almost losing her she was told no wheat, eggs, milk peanuts and no gluten.And most of all her blood test came back and she can eat a very small number of items.But you can do what I have done, after many hours of looking at and reading everything in the grocery store, I finally went to the manger of our Ingles' and ask him to order products I had gotten at health food stores and they were to order at a much lower cost. Yes you do need to be careful many gluten products have much salt and other not desired ingredients. Mainly fresh is best.veggies are ok but be careful with meats and chicken that have juices injected in them because there is wheat products in these. Pamela's products are good King Arthur flours are good. I get ideals on line on Angie gluten free site. Good luck. Just remember now food companies sneak gluten in a lot of places we can not believe.The noodles from brown rice are good ...eat while warm. The corn noodles are THE worst.We get a bread at the health food store and my daughter likes it toasted it is potato bread.

Last edited by nightquilter; 01-26-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: adding text