Old 01-27-2014, 04:27 AM
Amythyst02

All of us have our favorites, and we all love our machines for one reason or another. I love my Serenade by Babylock, but its probably no better than a Janome. Its just a matter of what is right for you. This is why it is so hard to suggest machines for others. My only suggestion is to make a list of the things the most important to you, that you really want on your mahine, gather up a few test pieces of what you will be sewing on, and even though the sewing stores are quite a ways away, go there and test those machines. You also want to make sure of the quality of the customer service you receive. If they do not have time to assist you in making a purchase, then will they have time to help you when you have a question about your new machine. Also, by visiting the stores you might find a disocntined model, a trade in or some other type of machine greatly reduced in price. The one thing you do not want is to get a new machine and suddenly decide you don't like it. Best of luck in your search and let us know what you decide.