Old 01-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Honchey

Quite a few pages to read so I will do it later tonite...Today is the first day I can say I feel okay...Last Thursday eve my son picked me up at around 8:30p.m. and the roads were very icy and it took us 2 hours to get to the Hotel (free room)...we had some dinner and then I went to the room to go to bed...The room was ice cold and it took them 2 hours to warm it up..it's an eco friendly hotel and they heat with hot water and a valve was closed...I couldn't get warm couldn't sleep I was afraid of not getting up in time for the flight even thought we had a wake up call which came 10 minutes late... we got to the airport at 4:30 and everything was soooo cold...after getting ex-rayed and patted down I was finally brought to the boarding area and one and a half hours later the plane boarded and by 6:30 we were on our way...the plane too was very cold and I'm so glad I wore my hooded down coat..I had to use it as a lap robe...I arrived on time at 8:03 and DH was waiting for me...It was 23* outside...I couldn't believe it...More cold...we stopped to have breakfast then finally went home and all I wanted to do was to get under the covers..He forgot to raise the heat before he left to pick me up....I went to take a nap and I slept thru to 10 at night...I'm still cold...and now we're supposed to get anywhere between 4 - 12 inches of snow or sleet and icy road conditions...
DH went to Ace Hardware to buy a snow shovel just in case and they don't carry them here..They don't even have any snow removal equipment......Ha Ha ...I don't know why I'm laughing
I think I might have a touch of the flu or I'm coming down with a cold...my bones just won't get warm !!!
I tried ironing my starched fabric for cutting and after a few minutes I get an achy feeling and have to sit down...My knee has quieted down since I'm not really doing anything... I will be scheduling the surgery for it when I return to NJ...I cannot put it off any longer...I'm happy to see the sun shining today...Hope all of you are able to stay warm...I'll be browsing thru a few threads then sign off till later

Last edited by Honchey; 01-27-2014 at 01:14 PM.