View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 08:48 PM
n2scraplvr

This mini was made to practice HQing feathers and showcase at the same time some vintage fabrics which I love. The blocks I used were rescuedfrom a "pass-it-on WIP" someone did as a hand-pieced 48" table runner. It was passed to the seamstress who passed it to us in the scrap bags she gave my family for quiltmaking. They were mismatched in size and design. I undid the piecing of the ones I wanted; pressed them, used one block to square all the others up to 3" for new life in my mini.

I added the borders next. Then I simply flipflopped a semi-circle cardboard template for outlining the scallops. Next I MQed the spine and drew my feathers in the scallops with a blue pencil. When finished HQing, I soaked the mini for a few min. in cold water to release all the blue marks.

I rescued more blocks to make hairbows and attached them. Will use the rest of the blocks in other ways too!

Hope you like the mini I made from someone else's WIP. Here are the "before" and "after" pics. Have a merry Xmas. everyone!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-58651.jpe   attachment-58652.jpe   attachment-66879.jpe