View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 05:18 AM
schnurke

Default It's not much, but it's a start!

Hello friends,

I am sharing a picture of my new sewing table. My old one was actually warped and the the machine sat crooked on it! It's definitely nothing fancy, but it suits my purposes.

I am a new sewist. I have a good friend guiding me through the process of making some square-patch pillow covers and two square-patch quilts, then I want to make a shower curtain on my own. I am also learning from online video tutorials and books and plan to take a class in March.

Previously, I posted pics of my pillow covers in the process of being made, but the pictures weren't true to the actual colors. These are a little better. They are being made with Amy Butler's Soul Blossoms collection of fabrics. I am still playing with the order of the patches!

I am a huge Amy Butler fan, and the quilts I am making will be one with Soul Blossoms, the other with the Love collection.

Thank you for letting me share these pictures with you. I actually thought I was going to start all of these projects quite some time ago, but felt intimidated by sewing. I have gotten over my perfectionist tendency and anxiety now and feel more confident sewing.

Still, lots and lots to learn, though.

Have a nice day,
Karen
Attached Thumbnails new-table.jpg   pillows-keeping-track-001.jpg   pillows-keeping-track-002.jpg   pillows-keeping-track-004.jpg