View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Gladmaker

Originally Posted by a_selders View Post
My next project is a queen size friendship braid for my husband. I am using mostly the Northcott stonehenge warm color palette. I will try to get some in progress pics and post for all of you. I just wanted to thank all of you very encouraging folks on the forum, I never expected this many of you to look at and comment on my very first quilt.
Looks like you did a very nice job!
I've only been quilting for about a year and a half. I remember the feeling of finishing my first quilt. I made 3 or 4 small quilts to get the experience before I did a queen. I highly recommend doing that. You'll be surprised what you will learn with each quilt and by the time you get to the larger one, you'll be more experienced and much more confident.
Probably the most important lesson I learned on the small quilts was to be precise on my cutting and piecing. I was surprised how a very small variance quickly adds up with multiple blocks. Be as accurate as you possibly can and you will be able to make a beautiful queen size that you'll be proud of.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Bob