View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 01:26 PM
toverly

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy View Post
Did they mention when their next retreat would be, some have them twice a year? My brother lives in North Florida and that would be nice to do both while heading that way. I am going to two next month that are local, here in central Florida. I go alone, but have the greatest times, I do not care for sewing alone at home, so I get a lot accomplished when around others.
Awesome, come on and join in! They mentioned that the retreat is at the same weekend as next year, I think that's the 3rd weekend in January but no details yet. They have another one in the Fall but I don't know when that one is exactly since I couldn't go, I didn't pay attention. Next year, they plan on Marti Michelle being the Guest Quilter but I don't know if that's finalized. All I know is I'm signing up and going again, whoever it is. I'm sure you could go to their website and find out more. There were 85 quilters total (I think).

I learned that a room of my own is perfect. After socializing all day, I was ready for some quiet time at night. It was worth paying more for that luxury.

Thanks for all the kudos everyone. I hope anyone who goes on one, has a great a time like I did.