View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Groovy Pieces

Salutations All . . . I had an absolutely wonderful time at retreat this past weekend. I learned how to make the Strata Star & for my two day class I 'cut my paper-piecing teeth' on my first Judy Niemeyer pattern titled 'Dancing Batiks'. It was pping like nothing I've ever experienced before BUT what a great technique. Usually I whack a piece cover the space & sew. With Niemeyer - it's precise, ordered, & set; not for the 'faint-hearted' It takes some getting use to & I shall persevere. BUT, before I can sew anything at all, I gotta CLEAN UP THE SEWING ROOM ! ! ! ! And NO INTERNET UNTIL IT'S DONE ! ! ! !

Well, I have accomplished my goal & now have a nice clean, orderly, spiffy sewing room.

Thank You to Libster, TheMommaHouser, & Nanakathy55 for such great blocks. I'm learning so much from these swaps - when you swap with others, you are introduced to block patterns you never would have considered. I'm seeing these great blocks made by others that I will definitely utilize in future projects.

OK . . .time to get busy with F&F and S&E . . . GP