View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 08:22 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Have you taken it for a test drive?

You obviously have a lot of confidence in your dealer, so take some time to sit down and get to know the machine before you make the purchase.

Here's my experience and thoughts. While not an owner, I seriously looked at the Tiara and S16 last spring and was totally in love with them. They are simple to operate and maintain. With the test drives I did, I was feeling really good. Of course, I had not perfected my skills, but felt that I was making progress and not thinking it would be hopeless to learn. I was not impressed with the stitch regulator. It is cumbersome and honestly, I hated the noise of it too.

What held me back from a purchase was two things, the distance to the dealer, but more so that I had a hard time justifying the $$$ for the amount of time it would sit idle. You are only going to use it to quilt. So while piecing quilts, it would not be used.

However, if my local dealer had sold one of them, I am sure I would have purchased it and continued to sew with the machine I had for the regular stitching. That is really what held me back from taking the leap as it was just too far to the dealer for support in the how to, or should I need technical support. Instead I did upgrade to a bigger machine, larger throat and BSR. Closer to a S16/Tiara, but just not the visibility that I still lust for!!!

My dealer knows I looked seriously, and why I did not buy ....... and should they ever be selling a similar machine, they already know they have a captive audience in me!