View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Stitch124

Default My attempts at FMQ + UGGGHHHH!!!!

I'll just say it....my FMQ stinks!! I've been trying all evening to see if I have any natural talent for it and I don't have any..... even in my little finger!

I've bought books and tried to freehand the designs based on the directions. My free-hand drawings look nothing like what they are supposed to look like.

I tried tracing designs on Glad Press-N-Seal and sew on the traced design....again....no good, and the black pen I used (permanent sharpie as instructed on Craftsy) bled through onto the thread on the practice quilt sandwich. Won't use that technique on any quilt going forward. I have a few stencils but they aren't the right size. I like using the blue wash-out pen. I can follow those marks, but the designs I have trouble finding the write size.

All that practicing wore me out and was very discouraging, but I'm determined to learn how to do this....need some encouragement and advice.

Well, as Scarlett said.....tomorrow is another day

PS - on a good note...all of my D4P blocks are done and ready to be laid out and arranged for a queen size quilt. Yeah!
Attached Thumbnails fmq.jpg