Old 01-31-2014, 11:27 PM
CindyA

Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
I made lots of those little diamonds to applique and decided on the method of layering wax paper and cutting out the shape. Then placing the shape on the fabric and folding over edges and using tiny dots of glue to hold in place while I appliqued with silk thread. I tried starching the edges over the template but that is too messy for the RV and hotel room.
Dakotamaid, I recently tried a new way and it's probably my favorite now. Cut the shape from freezer paper. Iron it on the wrong side of the fabric. Use a fabric glue pen to glue the edges onto the freezer paper. Use the Roxanne fabric glue (she now sells it in a tube that looks kind of like an eye drop bottle) to put a few tiny drops of glue in the turned over seam allowance of the applique piece and position onto the block/background piece. Applique the piece, I have been using silk thread for a long time but recently found another thread that I like: WonderFil Specialty Threads, Invisa Fil. I think the supplies needed would be small and easy enough to work with for the RV and hotel rooms as well as give you a good result. Let me know if this makes sense or if pictures would help. Good luck, I think this is a great project to work on while you are traveling!! And yes, when you get the other pictures, please post.