Old 01-31-2014, 11:32 PM
CindyA

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
BEAUTIFUL work Pink lady love the A-1 and your fussy cut of A5 ....yes A2 is awesome too!

so... gotta mention if you ever lived in the L.A. area you may have heard of "pinklady" - there is a tunnel going to Malibu through a rocky pass and many many many years ago, someone climbed way up on the huge flat rock over the tunnel and painted a "fresco" - a 20 or so foot tall pink [naked] lady... not a da Vinci but the form was pretty decent [should say lifelike]. They really should have left it alone because they painted over it sort of. For the last 40+ years its been a blob but if you know where the original was you can still make out the outline through it

bottom line - whenever I see your screen name it brings a smile to much younger days!
Gus
Monica, I did live in LA for a while and am sorry to say I never knew of the pinklady. Or the tunnel to Malibu, for that matter. I did have fun when my Mom came to visit us and we went into a restaurant in Malibu. She had a kick looking at the pictures they had hanging of so many movie stars (many of whom I did not recognize)! Don't miss the highways out there (and I've got enough of my own here, now!) but I do remember how much I always enjoyed driving through Palos Verdes - so pretty.

Pink Lady and Dakotamaid, thanks for sharing pics - the blocks look great!