Old 02-01-2014, 12:12 AM
madamekelly

Post I decided to rejoin my local quilt guild and look what happened...

A couple weeks ago I found an item on free-cycle that I wished to have, so I sent an email. When I got a response, I made arrangements to go pick it up. As DH and I were driving out to her home I decided to take an appliqué piece I have been working on with me to have something to do while he drove. Without thinking about it, I carried my appliqué piece into the ladies home with me. She asked to see it and we got to talking about quilts. She recognized me from the local guild that I had been a member of several years ago, even though I had no memory of her. She made me promise to come to the next meeting, and I agreed to see her there.
Last Saturday I went to the meeting, and a wonderful long-arm quilter that I know, was doing a demo in fabric coloring. We all had a great time coloring squares that she had pre-quilted for us to experiment on.
I brought my sample home and decided to use it on a beach bag for my DD. I finished it yesterday, and my grand dog, Nala, wanted to try it for size. Here she is and the beach bag, and the heart I painted.
Nala is 14 years old and has gone blind in one eye, but she still thinks she is a puppy. I love her smile.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg