Old 02-01-2014, 06:23 AM
lots2do

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I vacuumed.

My sewing room would probably give most of you fits - I am organized but I adore clutter. I get anxious in a space that is too neat - I feel all out of place and like I'm going to get into trouble if I move anything and I can NOT be creative in that mindset. So I have piles of fabric and stacks of batting scraps and jumbles of rulers and things (patterns, sketches, inspirational pictures, fabric scraps, paint chips...) taped to the walls and cupboard doors...and I love it in there. It's my messy little den of creativity! AND I know EXACTLY where everything is - if I cleaned I'd be hopelessly lost!
Love your honesty. I seem to attract clutter myself and can live with it up to a point and then it gets too overwhelming. My next sewing room is going to have a lot of tall cupboards to put things away in. I figure I can open up as many doors as I want to see the color and stuff while I work and then close it up so it still looks presentable. That's the plan anyway. I have to wait about 2 years for the move to see if that plan will work.