View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 11:55 AM
SuzzyQ

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
SuzzyQ ... comments from the Ontario Peanut Gallery .... first of all where did you get the black and green fabric? (hoping I might score some too!)

Going back to the earlier comments and now that I see it worked up, I think that blue/green plain works It works well with the white and the green/white print, but IMHO not with the black print or the lime. I really like the black and the lime together ... a perfect fit.

Not knowing how much of each fabric you have ... perhaps you could solve that by doing smaller finished items?? It has been my experience at auctions, that all too often a larger item people do not pay the "value", yet smaller items often go over valued, as people are willing to pay for the novelty of it, and to support the cause.

And ................ the Ontario 4-H crowd can really get into overdrive on that, especially if someone decides to goad a colleague on!!

Smaller is Better!
You sound like you have been to CAM!

I'd originally planned to do a queen size quilt but I have so many ideas for blocks that I'm going to make smaller lap size ones. I have about 1 yard of the patterned fabrics and 1/2 yard of the lime green - but lots more of the white and the green.

I got the patterned fabric from CAM. It was from Joann's - that's what is on the selvage. Niagara area donated it to the silent auction.

Last edited by SuzzyQ; 02-01-2014 at 11:57 AM.