Old 02-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Redsquirrel

Originally Posted by redbugsullivan View Post
I am glad to hear from everyone! With the overwhelming love of Singers, I thought I was missing something. My Singer 99K sounds like my mother's FW.

That click, click, is a muffled sound from my childhood. My mother stitching together her daughters' prom dresses, fixing Daddy's work shirts, and my everyday clothes at the kitchen table in the wee night hours with that amazing machine... They had a symbiotic relationship. It never gave her the fits it gave the rest of us.

I remain a fan of all things not Singer. Perhaps some day, a special machine will change my perspective!

You really have to try all the different models. My 201, 15 and 221 are my favourites for sewing in that order. My 99k is my least favourite as the tension is hard to adjust properly. Without a doubt the 15 is the easiest to fix, maintain and use. I would start with one of those. If you want a really nice machine that's a bit harder to maintain, then I would choose the 201. That sucker is a GOOD machine, but the bobbin assembly can be a bit tricky to deal with. Just my 2 cents.