View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Chris48

I had some trouble finding this discussion, I wish EQ could a topic on the homepage or at least sticky somewhere that would make it easy to find! I love EQ5 and haven't found a good reason to upgrade, what new features the others offered I just didn't think they would help me that much. If I ever upgrade the computer, I'll probably have no choice!

I'm no designer but love the challenge of seeing a photo of a quilt and being able to come up with a pattern. I have all the EQ5 books(was lucky enough to find them "used" on Amazon when the newer version started coming out) but found what helped me the most was doing the Skylights lessons from the EQ website. I think I downloaded it about a year before they removed it but it helped me learn how to look at a quilt and figure out what the block configuration was. I particularily liked how the Lessons took you from one step of the design process to the next, instead what the books are like that you have jump from this chapter to maybe the end of the book to find what you are supposed to do next. I find that very confusing and very hard to retain what I learned.

Hope everyone will share more what they are doing. Does anyone know how to change PJ5 file to one that could be posted here. Would love to show my latest project! Take care, Chris