View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chris48 View Post
I had some trouble finding this discussion, I wish EQ could a topic on the homepage or at least sticky somewhere that would make it easy to find! I love EQ5 and haven't found a good reason to upgrade, what new features the others offered I just didn't think they would help me that much. If I ever upgrade the computer, I'll probably have no choice!

I'm no designer but love the challenge of seeing a photo of a quilt and being able to come up with a pattern. I have all the EQ5 books(was lucky enough to find them "used" on Amazon when the newer version started coming out) but found what helped me the most was doing the Skylights lessons from the EQ website. I think I downloaded it about a year before they removed it but it helped me learn how to look at a quilt and figure out what the block configuration was. I particularily liked how the Lessons took you from one step of the design process to the next, instead what the books are like that you have jump from this chapter to maybe the end of the book to find what you are supposed to do next. I find that very confusing and very hard to retain what I learned.

Hope everyone will share more what they are doing. Does anyone know how to change PJ5 file to one that could be posted here. Would love to show my latest project! Take care, Chris
in EQ5 you can use the export snapshot. this is a little camera icon. Click on it and you will see a magnifying glass with an x in the middle. Position the x over the upper left corner of your quilt. Draw it down to the lower right hand corner and let go. a small menu will pop up. you can click on save to clipboard. then open Paint and click on paste. You'll see Paste or Paste from. Click on paste and it will put your quilt on paint. Click on the menu and then click on save. Make sure you change the file type to jpeg. and save it to a file in your computer.