View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Dina

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
HI Dina Cleaned out some emails sorry my box was full !! This is the toughest question but if you FEEL the need for a border, start trying the various yellows for an accent border and one of the darker blues and see what appeals to you. Sometimes when Bargello is very busy, I just put the binding on using the darkest color to frame it. Do you need a border?? Just a thought !! Good Luck !!
I just sent a second PM, so you should get it soon. I really like borders, and I want this quilt to be about 60 inches square. So it will need borders to get there.

In fact, I had two experiments in mind when I started this quilt. Could I made the Surf Song wall hanging pattern about ten inches wider and longer and could I make the yellow sort of glow. I have been successful with the size of the quilt, and the jury is still out on if the yellow will glow. I will probably have to finish the whole quilt before I know that one.

Thanks for the border suggestions. Once I get the whole thing done, I will audition the choices and see what I decide. That is probably a week off...

Dina