View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Chris48

[ATTACH=CONFIG]460298[/ATTACH]Well, I've learned something new today! Thank you Rhonda!!! It's taken me almost two yrs to get up the nerve to attempt this quilt. In Apr 2012, I had seen a photo of a similar(say that because nothing is exactly)quilt in the Country Sampler magazine. I had posted question asking for help to identify the block, was told that Quilter's Cache had a block called DoubleZ but that block had pinwheel in the center. The quilt I was wanted to make didn't but was told the center block could be the center block from Broken Dishes. So I have decided to call my block Crosses and Broken Dishes. If the block is turned on point, the print fabrics make a cross.

There are 25 pieced blocks and 16 solid and triangles along the edges. I have twelve fabric, three prints of red, blue, green, and brown with off white to finish the pieced blocks. I'm going to repeat each fabric twice with a third repeat in red; and plan to use it in the center of the quilt. The solid block is fabric that is mottled dark gray. I didn't like black with the fabrics but thought the dark gray was a better choice. In the magazine photo, the blocks were done in different colors of polka dot fabric and solid blocks were black.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead. We should be having nice normal weather for a change, last week it was snowing and hard freezes several nights in a row. Take care, Chris
Attached Thumbnails crossesandbrokendishes.jpg