Old 02-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

About a year ago someone asked me to show how I needle-turned my points. I posted a tutorial at that time within this thread which you will find around post #2190-2197. One of the first posts also has a couple of links listed to other you-tube tutorials.

I have used freezer paper and I have made laminated templates, put my cut fabric to applique on top and run my fingernail over the edge of the template underneath to crease the fabric in the right spot. I've used several starch methods and have found them too time consuming although you do get more precision, but you also sacrifice soft curves and get a result that sometimes seems too flat to me. It is all a matter of preference though and more than anything it takes practice practice practice! You have to find what works for you and more than likely will eventually do what I do - come up with your own way which is a combination of other approaches.
Gus

I probably should contact PatriceJ to have her ok to set up the new thread... and maybe see if the tute can be transferred???

btw- for anyone not familiar with how to find a post number - divide the post number by the number of posts you have per page [you can find/change this in your general settings] and go to that page number.