Old 02-03-2014, 01:01 AM
oldpiglady

Originally Posted by Grandma58 View Post
I think there are some people on here that do ask when they do not need, they are not to be confused with you who really did lose things. One does have to be careful. Look at how long some one has been a member and how often they are on. Take me for example, sometimes I am here a lot and some times not. What if today I said I lost everything and needed help. If I were reading it I would wonder if it were sketchy.

Hadn't thought of it that way. I understand. In my case..I was in the burn unit at Akron Children's Hospital for 2 weeks. At one point, I discovered they had a computer for others to use. I asked to be taken to it. It was quite a painful journey. I went to the QB just to let people know why I wasn't online recently. It went viral...and people really responded. To my disbelief. Twinkie...who has since become my good friend...saw it and spread the word. I was totally in awe the responses I rec'd. The local Fox tv channel even did a story on my home coming to a new apartment. Complete with all "new" furnishings. I would never wish my experiences on anyone. The long term effects of being in a burning house for too long...are devastating. Not to mention the PTSD. I would like to add...had it not been for that fact...I would not have made the special friendships I have now...with members here on this board. Love you ALL.