Old 02-03-2014, 03:07 AM
dublb

Well it looks like this wi fi here at the hospital is doin great here on the QB, finally. I couldn't git on earlier in the evenin'. I still can't reply ta any e-mails nor git on my other forum. I spent 4 hours playin mindless games while waitin' for my e-mail ta come up. I was able ta read most o' 'em but couldn't open any links nor reply ta any o' 'em.
I have been leavin my laptop her at the hospital durrin the day 'cause there isn'ta time w/o some family here in the room & it's very heavy. That's what I git for wantin' such a big screen ta see everybody's quilts!
DGM is doin' better they have been battelin' keepin' her blood pressure down. They have been here ta git her up both day before yesterday & yesterday. She is ta go ta rehab tamarrow.
The weather here has been so strange! Last weekend it was veeeeery cold. Temps in the teens. Burrrrr! Wed Mornin is was 15*F at it's lowest but got up ta 50*F in the afternoon. Then Thurs & Fri it was just belos 80*! (?) That's hot! Sat it was a comfortable 68*. Sunday mornin' at about midnight there was lightnin' & suddenly sleet! It sleeeted all the rest o' the night! I had ta use my handquiltin' hoop ta scrape the windsheild. (Yes I have a brand new ice scraper & it was at home in a very "safe" place. LOL) I left the hospital at about 7:30 in th'mornin'. When I got home DH was fixin' breakfast. As I went ta bed it had started snowin'. After I got up in the afternoon it was all thawin' out. Now it's freezin' again. Bleck! DM & I discussed it & I don't want her ta git out till it thaws out which it's supposed ta do at around 10:00. Highs for tamarrow will be in the upper 40's & lows after that in the upper 30's. "This is W TX weather, if ya don't like it wait 15 min.s, it'll change." was what my DDad always said!
As for my Jan goals;
They will be done in the next couple o' days!
*The cancer "dot" blocks need just a few touch ups & in the mail they will go.
*The ladybug blocks I have for a swap are all done except sewin' the buttons on for the black spots. I hope ta git those bought tamarrow & they will also be mailed out asap!
I will mail both o' those priority mail so they wont be as late.
I have seen everybody lovely MB's & other quilts. Ya'll are so very talented!
Well I think I'm gonna wander down the hall & see if I can find some peanuts in the vendin' machine "cause DGM is sound asleep right now.