Old 02-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Grandma58

Originally Posted by oldpiglady View Post
Hadn't thought of it that way. I understand. In my case..I was in the burn unit at Akron Children's Hospital for 2 weeks. At one point, I discovered they had a computer for others to use. I asked to be taken to it. It was quite a painful journey. I went to the QB just to let people know why I wasn't online recently. It went viral...and people really responded. To my disbelief. Twinkie...who has since become my good friend...saw it and spread the word. I was totally in awe the responses I rec'd. The local Fox tv channel even did a story on my home coming to a new apartment. Complete with all "new" furnishings. I would never wish my experiences on anyone. The long term effects of being in a burning house for too long...are devastating. Not to mention the PTSD. I would like to add...had it not been for that fact...I would not have made the special friendships I have now...with members here on this board. Love you ALL.
I am glad you are well and because something horrible really happened to you there was an outpouring of support. I hope you continue to get better and I hope all of us who can will still help those in need. I also hope we will not be duped by those who are fakes, because that hurts us all.