Old 02-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Needles

Last January, I lost my kitchen to a 'long' leak in the concrete block wall behind my sink. Three months later, it was done. Had gone to the block wall being torn out. Believe me, you have NO IDEA how much is in your kitchen cabinets. It's ALL OVER YOUR HOUSE, unless you want to go to the expense of storage. And the remainder of your house will be full of sawdust, everything is filthy unless you want to cover everything. But being dust, it is still every where. And in our case, concrete blocks had to be sawed to get to the pipe. I'm still finding that!

If something every happens to us again, we're moving OUT until it is done, because you are sleeping in what's floating around in your house, daily. I had to do dishes in two pans and a lavatory sink for any pans I used. Have to tell you it was the worst three months of our 50+ marriage. Even had to clean the computer screens daily. Most of the rest of the house was covered all the time just to keep the flying debris away. It's miserable and don't let anyone tell you different. You can't use camp stoves or grills in the house and it's no fun cooking outside in cold weather.