View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 03:37 PM
EllieGirl

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I was amazed when I got right up close to the Bud Clydesdales when they were making an appearance at the county fair. I asked the attendant some impressive questions (I use to exercise pollo ponies) and he let me the enclosure. They are big and beautiful and magnificent creatures. I was so afraid that when the Bud Brewery was sold to a company from a European country, that they would slowly fade away. Do you know where the horses are bred is actually a farm owned by former President Grant??
The land was owned by General Grant. In fact, there is a national historical site next to Grant's Farm about President Grant. There is a cabin the Grant family lived in and an old prairie wagon. A wrought iron fence surrounds it and the fence is made of Civil War rifle barrels. Grant's Farm is owned separately by the Busch family and was not in danger of being closed when Anheuser-Busch was bought by AB-Bev. I grew up in St. Louis and Grant's Farm is a classic. It's actually a nature preservative. They take wounded animals in, and also try to make the site as natural for animals as possible. The Clydesdales are further in the back, past the parking lot. That is something to see! Those animals are beautiful!!

The best thing about Busch Farm is it's free!!