Old 02-03-2014, 05:03 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post
@miriam - i just saw this thread and i will say that you did an amazing job transforming that 66 red eye. this is a great tutorial and will surely use this on my vintage machines. thanks for posting it.
Be sure and read every word Glenn has written about the refinishing. Then take your sweet time. Use the stuff Glenn says to buy. It will do every machine you have and then some more. I have to keep looking at Glenn's info to be sure I'm doing it right. I'm getting the hang of it finally. I think there is a LOT to learn. I couldn't have done it with out Glenn's help. By the way this is redeye #2 today. Another one has a sordid story. I took some with me to Florida and a man bought the redeye and another machine. Then he set them by the side of the sand road in front of his tent and doubled the prices - sand blew on the machines the rest of the week - pathetic. I would never have let him buy if I knew he was going to abuse. People were coming back to me and complaining. Once someone buys it it is gone. so sad...