Old 02-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Glenn

I just clean the godzilla finish with a soft tooth brush and dish soap and water. Then rinse with a little water and a lint free rag. If the rag leaves lint use a clean tooth brush to remove them. Not much you can do with the godzilla finish. Do not use any kind of wax on this finish or you will have a mess on your hands. I have used a 50% mixture of turps and boiled linseed oil applying it with a soft brush to brighten the paint up a little, then wipe it dry with a soft rag. You can also use sewing machine oil and a soft brush and rag to clean the finish if it is not to dirty. They are painted so if you need to touch up the paint you will need to mix paint to match the color. I use artist oil paints for this. I have a 128 blackside godzilla that I need to dig out and work on so I can do a tutorial on cleaning/restoring godzilla finish. I will try diff cleaning methods and let you know the best method to use. This will take awhile but you can start cleaning using the tech I mentioned above until then.
Skip