View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 PM
cathyvv

Well, I have way too much fabric, and recently purchased 11 tubs off of Craigslist. I've given at least 4 tubs of it away to a SR center in an very poor area of my state. The tubs contained fabric that wasn't my taste or was crafting tools, supplies and patterns that I will never use.

A lot of it is Christmas fabric, so some of that will eventually find a new home, too. Red White and blue I intend to uses for Quilts of Valor, and donated some of that to the QOV rep in my area.

I do use my stash for making quilts. It kind of works like this: I'm rummaging throught the fabric to find one that will work with a quilt I'm already making. One of the fabrics I'm rummaging through suddenly inspires me, and I continue the hunt, but look for the 'right' fabric for two quilts.

I also use my fabrics for backings and to supplement fabrics for charity quilts given to me by my guilds.

As for fabric being out of date, 'out of date' to one person is 'vintage' to another. I use it when it works with other fabrics in a quilt that is under construction.