View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 11:13 PM
frudemoo

Originally Posted by Vridar View Post
The Necchi tensioners are one of their trademarks (and one of their appeals for me).
Ron, I totally agree... Necchi tensioners are actually sexy! LOL. I don't know how they do it, but they are so beautifully engineered.

Originally Posted by NapaJohn View Post
Nice machine. I really like the cabinet. I have a Necchi BU and my latest acquisition is a Supernova Automatica which was only recently unfrozen.
Hey, thanks John. I am a member of the Necchi Sewing Circle but I don't really post there. I tried it once and got no replies. I also find the format really user-unfriendly. But having said that, the files section has been invaluable and I unfroze my Supernova Automatica using their cleaning instructions I'm very glad to belong to the groups and share what I learn about my machines, even if I haven't had much luck in the forums.

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Do you know what year that machine was made? Great Deco styling to the cabinet. I'm not sure when treadles stopped being an option but if that machine was made in the 30s or even 40s it was ahead of it's time.
Rodney
Rodney, I'm not sure. I think I might have found one reference that mentioned early 50's, it's quite hard to find out with the Necchis. All of the machines I love are late 40's early 50's so I'm sure it falls in there somewhere. It's confusing because I have a 1949-50 Necchi BU which has older looking styling but is a ZZ machine, and the Automatica is about 1953 I think and that machine does EVERYTHING... so it's hard to see why they would have manufactured this simple straight stitcher in between two more functional machines. Hardly any info around so I'll keep digging and keep everyone posted. It's certainly a workhorse! Despite the look of those feed dogs and having no thread guide, we still got it to stitch!!

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments and I agree, the cabinet is lovely. Will be giving it some TLC as soon as I can!