Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Rhonda Lee

Well, here I am. Lots of UFO's so I fit in very well. I just pulled out my Orca Bay that was started when it ran as a mystery quilt with Bonnie Hunter. Several steps were completed at the time and I had cut and stacked everything else to be done after the Christmas rush. I think that was 2 years ago. I have blocks finished for several BOM's stacked together waiting to be assembled. Fabrics pulled and put together in bags with 'darling patterns' waiting patiently on the sidelines. I recently joined the fabric moratorium here to help stop the unnecessary spending for more fabric as I have a huge stash. One thing that has been helping me is to shop my stash and finish something before I purchase new fabric. I started doing this for my Christmas gifts this past year. It worked for table runners and quilts. 6 runners with new fabric and 6 from stash. A few orphaned blocks and scraps made it into a quilt for a gift. The runners and quilt along with everything else I made for Christmas were in the UFO category so I feel I'm off to a good start for this coming year. I am full of hope to get this under control and be sensible about it. I don't want the nagging feeling hanging over me to get a project completed and feeling guilty every time I walk into my studio. So we'll see how well my good intentions work with determined action. Thanks for being here.