View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I don't know if this applies to your problem, but are you sure that your needle is inserted exactly in the correct orientation (on the Innova it's scarf to the back and eye threading from the front) and that it is exactly centered over the hole going down to the bobbin?
I agree. This is one of the really not intuitive things that can mess up in one direction only.
You didn't mention if you've checked this yet?

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
Still not fixed!!! I've worked on it for 2 days now. It sews beautifully forward but every 6 or so inches, it makes a looptie on the bottom. I am so frustrated I could scream!!
Just on a lark,... set your tension back to the complete defaults, rethread the machine and try again. Perhaps something got bumped while you were adjusting. I get those occasionally when my tension is too loose by a smidge.

And check the needle orientation.

Originally Posted by peppermint31 View Post
well I just started long arm quilting and have just discovered that my backing in 1 1/2 inches too short. . Next week is my lesson on how to operate this machine so that is the 1st thing I want to learn.
This video from Matt Sparrow may help you out with some of that:
http://manquilter.com/

After taking a class with him, the only times I end up too short are
1. It's a charity quilt and the backing supplied is exactly the same size as the top. For these I stitch a leader onto the quilt and butt the top of the top right up against it, and hope for the best. Usually, I only have to trim about 3/8" at worst at the bottom.
2. I accidentally rotate either the back or the top when loading. Matt's process does stop this as long as you're paying attention.