Old 02-05-2014, 03:09 PM
manicmike

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Has anyone ever found replacement decals for machines other than Singer? I have a Free N. 5 head that could use a new decal on the bed. I know, I'm searching for something that probably doesn't exist. Any tips? Thanks.
~ Cindy
If you have a good original of the artwork you can digitise it (scan or photograph it then import and trace with a vector drawing program) and print on waterslide inkjet paper.

Sounds really simple, the hard bit is really the tracing. If you're good with a bezier pen (vector drawing tool), it's not hard at all. There are tutorials/instructions for recreating waterslide decals all over the web, but becoming good with a bezier pen takes days of practice (well, it took me days).

Once you have the vector drawing, you can release it to the world, sell it (after all, you did the work) or just sell waterslide decals like others do.

Make sure the decals aren't under any copyright, though. It's unlikely considering the age of the machines, but best to check: There are a lot of patent trolls out there looking for innocent people to rob, and the law usually allows them to.