View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
SlightlyOffQuilter

Originally Posted by charlottequilts View Post
There's a pride in workmanship, making your own fabric and design decisions (however simple) that I don't think you can get by fusing pre-fused pre-cuts to a wallhanging. Even DH, who is not a quilter but has paid for an awful lot of fabric, says, "where's the sport in that?"
I DO agree with what you said there ! I can walk into our garage, pop the hood on the truck and check the oil, but that does not make me a mechanic ! What it does do is get my feet wet so to speak. By learning to do something super simple, such as checking the oil, or in quilting words, ironing on pre-fused precuts, it may just give me the confidence to try something a little harder next time.

I agree wholeheartedly that the " everything is done for you except the ironing " kits are not something I would personally pay for, or do. I like to have far more control over things than that. BUT, if by purchasing and completing one of those kits inspires someone else to try something new, then I think they are fantastic ! I think of them as a stepping stone, not the final destination !