View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 09:10 PM
DebbE

Absolutely love Bonnie Hunters system. I have quilted for nearly 40 years and I have an unbelievable amount of scraps. I am still cutting up fabric, and will be for several years I think. But I've also made a lot of quilts quickly because I already had the fabric cut up -- I'm more productive now. I cut 10" sq., 5" sq., 3 1/2 " strips, 2 1/2", 2" and 1 1/2" strips. I also have a bunch of triangles left over from prior quilts. It's a great project when I just want to do something 'mindless', with an old movie on, my small table top ironing board and iron at my right hand to press, and just go to it. Try an experiment to see if it would work for you - find just one type of fabric, like maybe kids fabric scraps, and cut those up in 5" squares, and then whatever you have left, cut into the strips. Make sure you have a nice big pile, including prints, solids, etc. Leave those somewhere where you can see them everyday, all nicely sorted and stacked up. Bet you do what I did and "wow - I could make a great......". For me, its I Spy quilts for babies and kids - they LOVE those. I make a lot of small quilts for babies & kids, and have made several for adults, too, as I have scraps from the 40's all the way to current date.