Thread: It's a washout"
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 03:11 PM
SueSew

I bought the product sold through the EQ-7 people, and it worked very well. Do not assume it will magically stay, unless you follow the processing steps after printing to set the ink. That is really important! I tested mine with washing and it came out fine. How it will hold up over the years I do not know.

However, the way I used the photo material was to use a sepia filter or tonally correct the photo to shades of brown/black/cream/tan on the photo, replicate one photo 20 times on a page, then cut them up and used them in the 1 1/2" strips, so that it all blends in with the rest of the regular fabric and you have to look close to notice that some of it is a photo. And the photos are of course sentimental for the recipient- ducks from the college campus pond, our dear old dog, my son's favorite microbrew beer bottles...

I don't know about making a photo qwuilt where the photos are supposed to be actual photos like from a photo album, and then stay like that. I think they would fade like fabric.