View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 01:12 PM
seasaw2mch

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Hey, Sue,
This is a marvelous block, just "complicated" enough to be really interesting and it makes great secondary designs in the last depiction with multi-colored piecing. Looks great! Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Jan in VA
I'm still trying to work on my first lap size quilt with this pattern but between moving my son out and then catching a cold, I'm not progressing very fast. But once I do finish this small version I will take on a larger one. I'm just trying to make sure the pattern pieces work. It looks like they do with one exception, on the Half Block there needs to be 2 of the "B" sections for PPing. I will fix that once I finish up the lap size.

The only other problem that I'm having is not with the pattern so much but with the person behind the machine (me). I'm not a PPer per say, I'm very new to it really but for some reason when I try to join the long sides of the blocks, they sometimes look more like a boat then a straight side. So what I'm finding to be easier for me to join them is to trim one of the side seams off and then using a straight edge to line them up straight, I glue the 2 pieces together before sewing on the fabric pieces. I trim the seam allowance off so it takes the bulk out of the seam and tearing it out is easier. It can be left in there but I think the less bulk is better. The only reason I had them printed as 2 sections is so they would fit on one sheet of paper. Maybe when I update the PDF's I can figure a way to explain this in pictures for those like myself, not PPer's.

Oh and do post a picture of your project so everyone can see. You know how we love to see them pictures.