View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Carol34446

Originally Posted by w7sue View Post
We have been talking about moving my two sewing tables out into the family room - I am really being kicked out of the 'radio room' (my husband is active in amateur radio). He wants the whole room to himself so he can set up more stations - he will be lonesome! I used to face the window and the front yard until he bought a HUGE desk and I got bumped to the other side of the room. I went from a straight line set up to an L-shape set up that just isn't working for me. My machine is on the far left instead of the far right and working on anything larger than a block is almost impossible. I would love to be able to turn our family room into my sewing room - longarm on one end and storage/sewing on the other end. I offered to get two recliners and to keep the big screen television so we could still enjoy that part of it ... no go ... go figure!
I was supposed to get half of the larger spare room, but it is full of guns, reloading, mill and ban saw that is seldom to never used, makes me want to throw a fit. This one has book shelves, my 4 sq ft of sewing area, two computers and puppies. And walkin closet that would be such a help is again full of gun stuff. I would love to have a big space and be able to use my sewing machine collection, but I guess not to be.