Old 02-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Elisabrat

can I ask what is frustrating you on your quilt tops? I hear seam ripping, seam ripping and wonder is it the combo of fabrics your not feeling? the design? simple is sometimes very nice in fact a lot of the time.. if you post maybe your trouble or write to Teresa or one of your fellow quilters maybe someone can help? glad to offer some advise if you would like two bits from another quilter. I know this is one fun swap. In an effort to keep it fun and light why not work with your partner to come up with something simplier.. one favorite thing not five. that should make it plum easy.. and you will finish on time and mail ON TIME and your work will make you happy and your partner happy. I wish that all of you can finish as best you can. Its all your partner is hoping for too.

I am working on my mothers favorite things quilt top. Each round on the quilt is to represent her favorite flowers. My issue? they don't particularly go together. a big challenge .. I find gorgeous flower fabrics individually but not so much when you dump them on top of each other.. I may have to rethink my drink here on the flowers or be prepared for a hodge podge of stuff in a quilt. if your quilted mat is not working .. figuring out WHY is the biggest challenge then you can move forward. Reduce your challenge ladies and gents. This weekend I know you can make a huge dent on any sewing you have to do. I have seen the work everyone here produces. I know you can do it