Old 03-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Barb M

Right after Elisa was born, i became very ill. Very suddenly having severe memory problems, personality change, very withdrawn, could not follow a conversation, could not multi-task, started dropping things, and was very confused. My dad had just tested positive for Huntington's disease, and so i scheduled testing for myself, and the results came back positive. I did not want this disease to win, and i wanted to make a positive impact. My parents 50th anniversary was coming up, and my 3 sisters could not decide what to give them. I decided to plan a quilt. None of my sisters knew how to quilt. I sent them fabric and instructions in the mail, and taught them how to paper piece the roses, and so we each made roses for the quilt. Then i put the whole quilt together. It is an irish chain, because my parents background is irish, and i put 50 diamonds on the outside of the quilt. The quilt was done in 1 inch blocks. For me, having just been diagnosed with hd, it was really really important to me to finish this. Even amongst the confusion, i was able to do it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-49928.jpe   attachment-54867.jpe