View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Ladyjanedoe

Default Finally...a room ( or two) of my own!

Rather unexpectedly we had an opportunity on the coast ( north Seattle) and moved. It was the first time I've ever been able to choose a home and it was a fun ,but harrowing experience ( and a continual horror with the builder--but that's another story).

Anyway, my two biggest pleasures in the new house are my room to sew and a room for my piano. I do enjoy looking at the pictures posted so I thought I would share my work in progress.

I was fortunate to find the cabinets on Craigslist. A custom kitchen and bath business was selling their display model for what I thought was a great deal ($400) . The units have slide out drawers that automatically draw back in with a nudge . Originally the counter was granite but it developed a crack in transit. We improvised something different from Home Depot. As it stands we had to hire someone with a lift to get the counter into the upstairs window.
Eventually I may hang the cabinets. My little dog, Drogo, loves the new spot, too!

We added more shelves to the closet for my stash. It's not organized yet but it's all out of boxes--which feels like a major accomplishment! I still have more to do but I've been painting the other rooms and have little time between those tasks and home schooling my son.

In our old house we had the piano crammed into a corner in our dining room. A huge selling point for us on this home was the entry room with the high ceiling. My son and I are decent pianists so we needed a nice place to concentrate on our music. It's just big enough.

Thank you for looking and most importantly, thank you for the continual inspiration on this site. Everyday I find more tips and ideas .
Attached Thumbnails photo-8-.jpg   photo-9-.jpg   photo-7-.jpg  

Last edited by Ladyjanedoe; 02-08-2014 at 07:30 AM.