View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:38 AM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Originally Posted by tinker View Post
In your first picture, if I may ask where did you get the cabinet with the drawers? Tinker
My husband and I built this cabinet ourselves, and we didn't get divorced.

Originally Posted by Prekteacher View Post
Does the Ellison machine also cut fabric?
HMM, Pre K? Have one at school? The answer is yes and no. Yes, it is physically possible to cut fabric. Don't know which version of this unit you have access to. Is the cutting pad fixed under the platen (older type), or do you have the newer version where the cutting pad slides on rails? The problem is the fabric needs to go on the bottom and if you have the older version, it may slip when you insert the 'sandwich' in the cutter. You can put a piece of paper down, then fabric, then the die and carefully slide it in. If you have the newer version, it's easier to do, but you won't be able to use any of the long strip dies, as the cutting pad is only about 15". If you use one of the smaller Studio dies, especially for applique, this would work great. The other thing I use it for is squaring crazy quilt blocks. For my paper stuff, I had several square dies made on acrylic. The acrylic is clear, so you can put your untrimmed block on the mat, position the die on the 'best' portion, then cut. Perfectly sized! with an appropriate sized shim you could also use sizzix or go dies. Same size restriction and now you have an additional layer to manage when you slide the sandwich under the platen. PM me if you have more questions.